Legal, Technology, Outsourcing and Intellectual Property Attorney, Vice President
Professionals within the Legal Department provides high quality legal advice, transactional advice, regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advice on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses complete their transactions and understand and weigh the risks associated with our activities. In many cases, our lawyers, along with other professionals, assist the business areas in structuring transactions in order to capitalize on business opportunities while optimizing risk. They preserve the firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world.
The Legal Department is looking for an attorney, with financial services technology expertise and experience, to be part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Contracts team tasked with advising, counseling structuring and negotiating technology and intellectual property-related transactions. This position offers an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the firm, including in the technology division as well as in various business teams globally. This role will also interact closely with as colleagues throughout the firm’s legal and compliance functions in order to provide legal support in connection with the development of new products, services and capabilities and to provide subject matter expertise on a wide range of services and transactions.
- Provide general advice and counsel on financial services related technology and intellectual property-related transactions (including index licensing); software, data and content licensing; outsourcing implementation transactions; counseling on digital strategy concerns including open source licensing, data security, data use and privacy issues (including HIPAA, GLBA and cross-border data privacy issues); hosting, cloud computing and software services agreements; internet exchanges and marketplaces; electronic trading platforms; internet advertising and sponsorship agreements; research and development transactions; and intellectual property and technology issues arising in the context of mergers and acquisitions in the technology-related space.
- Assist senior leadership of the legal department and Goldman Sachs in developing, documenting and implementing processes and policies to effect compliance with the evolving legal and regulatory environment related to advanced technology and new media.
- Instruct/work with / manage external counsel and consultants.
- Work closely with business clients and Legal and Compliance colleagues in dealing with and responding to various regulatory questions and inquiries.
- Opportunity to work with subject matter expert lawyers regarding the structuring, negotiation and execution of complex transactions.
Basic Qualifications• Strong knowledge of technology and intellectual property laws and regulations.
- At least 7 years’ post qualification experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment and strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- High level of initiative, integrity, and organization
- Comfortable engaging with senior executives across a host of disciplines and businesses
- Significant Project Management skills to manage a host of initiatives related to technology, outsourcing and intellectual property arrangements
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top