Legal, Senior Derivatives Lawyer, Vice President, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt, Germany
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
THE LEGAL DIVISION
The Goldman Sachs Legal Division spans offices across 23 cities worldwide, from which we provide counsel and advice to support the global activities of the firm and our clients. Our focus is on providing the highest quality legal advice while managing regulatory and reputational risk. Whether you are an experienced lawyer or have other relevant experience combined with an interest in financial law and strong critical thinking skills, our team might be right for you.
As a division we are focused on our people and their development and are committed to creating an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We offer numerous training and career development opportunities including a weekly legal training programme, divisional mentoring schemes and a people development committee tasked with providing tangible tools to help manage and develop careers. The division also has a number of active and varied committees including the Diversity, Pro Bono, Charity and Social Committees and encourages participation in the Women's, Black and LGBT firmwide affinity networks.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our Legal professionals the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside of the office.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The Frankfurt-based role sits withi n our EMEA-team covering the Fixed Income Global Currencies, Emerging Markets and Credit businesses for the Global Markets Division and will be the lead lawyer for these businesses within Goldman Sachs's main EU-based entity Goldman Sachs Bank Europe SE.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Advising the Fixed Income, Currency and Commodities (FICC) division within Goldman Sachs Bank Europe SE (GSBE) on a wide range of transactional and regulatory issues
- Advising on the structuring, documentation and execution of a wide range of derivatives and structured products.
- Liaising with auditors, regulators and other outside stakeholders
- Advising on a variety of risk management and cross-border legal issues, in particular in relation to innovative hedging and financing structures, new product development and growth markets.
- Advising on the practical impact on trading businesses of regulatory reform s.
- Assisting with the negotiation and drafting of transactional documents, including coordination with external counsel.
- 5+ years legal experience in a leading law firm or financial institution.
- Derivatives market experience and familiarity with ISDA and other derivatives documentation.
- Some familiarity with European regulation of OTC derivatives.
- Good English and German language skills.
- Knowledge of derivatives products or other structured financial instruments.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Team oriented with the ability to respond and be flexible to client demands, whilst adhering to firm policies and group practices.
- Ability to work with colleagues across Europe, the US, Middle East and Asia.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top