Legal, RMD Closer, Analyst/Senior Analyst, Irving
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONSJob Summary and Basic Qualifications
The Goldman Sachs Legal Department in Irving, Texas has an opening in the Realty Management Division Closing Team for an Analyst/Senior Analyst having relevant experience closing commercial real estate transactions. The candidate will primarily support the Urban Investment Group (UIG). UIG is an impact investing and lending business within the Consumer and Commercial Banking Division of Goldman Sachs. Established in 2001, UIG provides equity and debt to real estate projects and social enterprises and satisfies GS Bank's Community Reinvestment Act obligation. UIG has committed more than $5 billion to community and economic development investments, benefiting underserved communities and serving as a catalyst in the revitalization of distressed urban neighborhoods. UIG's investments include direct real estate, loans secured by real estate, equity and tax credits. Within this role, the candidate will have exposure to various and complex transaction structures.
Excellent organizational, project management and customer service skills are required. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be proficient in Word and Excel and enjoy working in a team environment.
- Manage various aspects of the pre-closing and post-closing activities associated with UIG investments.
- Assist UIG and outside counsel with transaction-related due diligence.
- Heavy involvement in the real estate appraisal process, including the engagement of third party appraisal consultants; providing necessary documentation; facilitating coordination among the business team, consultants and appraisers; and tracking and reporting on the status of the appraisal process.
- Maintenance of transaction information.
- Provide support for funding and accounts setup.
- Project management duties, such as the coordination of new transaction "kick-off" meetings and the maintenance of internal closing checklists.
- Participate in transaction pipeline meetings, which include business teams and various other supporting groups.
- Generally assist with the disposition of real estate investments, including, but not limited to, ordering and monitoring title reports; assisting with the preparation of closing documents, supporting the business team with the collection and provision of disclosure information to counterparties.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top