Legal - Repo/Stock Lending Negotiator - Analyst
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
We are seeking to appoint an experienced negotiator for a role in Bangalore to join the Documentation Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating market standard repurchase and stock lending documentation such as 2000/2011 GMRA, 2000/2010 GMSLA, related tri-party documents as well as related bespoke trade confirmations.
- Liaising with the Credit, Treasury, Operations and Tax departments as well as Sales and Trading personnel in a number of regional offices.
- Review of legal opinions on the netting and collateral enforceability of repo and stock lending master documentation and ability to liaise with external counsel.
- Amendments, novations, terminations of master documentation.
- Responding to queries on the master documentation from various departments including the front office.
- Follow-up both internally and with counterparts to gather comments, information, review and ultimately complete agreements and prepare them for execution.
- Work as a team player in coordinating progress of document negotiation.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years financial and commercial experience in a financial institution.
- Proven ability to review detailed legal documents with an eye for detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to ensure consistency across documentation and know when to escalate issues.
- Solid drafting and presentation skills.
- Understanding of the use of legal agreements in repo and funding, ability to understand complex financial documentation and a sound understanding of the financial markets as a whole is a major benefit.
- Familiarity with GMRA, GMSLA or ISDA's suite of documentation.
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/ her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills.
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborated with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions.
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others.
- Judgement and Problem Solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues.
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value.
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top