Legal, Private Wealth Management, Analyst, London
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Private Wealth Management (PWM) is part of the Investment Management Division of Goldman Sachs. PWM provides a comprehensive range of investment services, including discretionary investment management, investment advice, brokerage services and lending, to wealthy individuals and families worldwide, across a diversified range of asset classes, including equities, fixed income, structured products, derivatives, hedge funds and other alternative investments. PWM in London focuses primarily on individuals, families and family offices based in the EU, Russia, Switzerland, the Middle East and Africa, who invest through a wide variety of investment vehicles including corporates, trusts, partnerships, regulated and unregulated funds, in a broad range of jurisdictions. Currently, PWM in EMEA is supported by five lawyers in London with other lawyers in Zurich and Frankfurt, all of whom regularly work closely with colleagues in PWM Legal in the US and Asia.
The Legal Analyst position presents an opportunity for a talented and motivated university graduate to be involved in a broad range of legal and regulatory issues across a broad spectrum of products and activities. our team work closely with a diverse group of clients across the PWM business, other professionals throughout the firm as well as outside counsel and other external service providers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Assisting in the provision of advice to investment professionals on all aspects of the client relationship, from pitches through to the structuring of accounts and account opening procedures, negotiation of account documentation and investment restrictions, support on transaction-specific questions, margin and risk management processes and new products
- Reviewing regulatory changes and policy developments
- Analysing the impact of new regulations, and assisting the PWM Legal team and PWM Compliance to introduce new policies in response to new regulation/legislation and revise current policies to meet the needs of the business
- Assisting in the provision of advice to PWM product specialists on all aspects of product development, documentation, distribution and trading, including alternative funds, structured products and derivatives
- Managing execution of deals/product implementation, either independently or in conjunction with the PWM Legal team and outside counsel
- Liaising with other lawyers in the Legal Department in London and globally in relation to specific product or other issues, including derivatives, equity capital markets, employment and litigation.
- Coordinating with outside counsel on a broad range of cross border jurisdictional issues, including licensing and selling restrictions, and enforceability of collateral arrangements
Below you will find the characteristics and required skill set of a typical Legal analyst:
- Commitment to excellence
- Commitment to developing own expertise
- Commitment to quality and control
- Professionalism and composure under pressure
- Problem solving skills
- Client oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top