Legal, Prime Services & Securities Financing, Associate/VP
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Draft and negotiate futures agreements, cleared derivatives amendments, give-up agreements and ancillary documents.
- Analyze client legal structure and review and evaluate legal opinions related to capacity, authority, enforceability issues.
- Draft policies and procedures.
- Provide internal regulatory and reputational guidance with respect to matters concerning, but not limited to, onboarding, registrations, exemptions, trading, and customer asset protection.
- Respond to RFP and investor inquiry questions.
- Handle clearing house and exchange membership applications.
- Experience with futures and cleared derivatives documentation and CFTC, NFA, and exchange rules a plus.
- Ability to explain complex legal and regulatory concepts in an accessible way.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a variety of senior and junior people across divisions and build strong working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top