Legal, Patent & Trademark Counsel, Vice President
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Legal Department is looking for an attorney, with financial services technology expertise and experience to be part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Contracts team tasked with advising, counseling structuring and managing the intellectual property portfolio. This position offers an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the firm, including in the technology division as well as in various business teams globally. This role will also interact closely with colleagues throughout the firm's legal and compliance functions in order to provide legal support in connection with the development of new products, services and capabilities and to provide subject matter expertise on a wide range of services and transactions.
- Advise on global intellectual property strategy including active involvement in the pre-filing process
- Filing patent and other intellectual property applications
- Review office actions and other correspondence from the patent office and serve as a liaison between outside patent counsel and companies in responding to such correspondence.
- Drafting and negotiating various IP related agreements, including license agreements and nondisclosure agreements
- Participate in internal intellectual property initiatives involving issues including but not limited to freedom to operate, open source and copyright claims
- 5 years+ attorney work experience, preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience within financial services
- Emphasis on experience in global technology-related contracts, information security, data protection and privacy, service and outsourcing arrangements
- Excellent academic credentials
- Admitted to at least one State Bar and registered to practice before the USPTO
- Experience partnering with and supporting fast-paced internal clients and business development initiatives to close deals; strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Ability to help mitigate risk related to privacy and data security issues in connection with the firm's procurement of products and services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top