Legal, Merchant Banking Division, Vice President
The Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division (MBD) is the primary business unit within GS for direct corporate, real estate and infrastructure investing by Goldman Sachs. MBD works closely with other areas of Goldman Sachs in sourcing, evaluating and structuring investment opportunities and once made, in monitoring, advising, hedging and harvesting the investments. MBD is one of the largest managers of private capital globally.
In addition the individual will cover other principalling desks of GS, including principal strategic investing as well as GS strategic transactions.
- Advising bankers on structuring, execution and negotiation of deal documentation, diligence, compliance, regulatory filings and reputational issues
- Liaising closely with portfolio companies regarding legal, regulatory, compliance and reputational issues
- Working with investor relations team on fund formation and investor communications
- Instructing/working with/managing external counsel
Basic Qualifications• 7+ years’ post qualification experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution
- Fund formation / asset management skills
- Transaction experience in mergers and acquisitions and/or private equity is a plus
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment and the ability to respond and be flexible to client demands, whilst adhering to firm policies and group practices
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top