Legal, LCA Finance & Operations, Associate/VP
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Legal Department of Goldman Sachs provides the highest quality legal advice and support to all divisions of the firm. It serves to protect the firm's financial well-being and reputation, and it assists the firm's businesses in evaluating risk associated with their activities and completing transactions. The department has four primary locations: New York, London, Tokyo, and Hong Kong and a significant presence in 22 other cities, including Bangalore, Irving, Jersey City, Singapore, Sydney, and Sao Paulo. The Finance team within the Legal Department manages the budgets, expenses and overall financial planning for the division. The global team is located in New York, London, Irving and Bangalore.
The role entails conducting the monthly accounting processes and management reporting for the firm's outside counsel expenses. This position involves extensive interaction with internal business clients and attorneys. The ideal candidate has an accounting background with excellent analytical skills, reporting expertise and strong attention to detail. Candidates should also thrive in a collaborative team. The position is based in New York.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Coordinate and execute month-end accounting process
- Interact with divisional finance teams and Controllers, produce monthly estimates, resolve business expense allocation queries
- Monthly management reporting and variance analysis and perform quality control review
- Assist with quarterly budget process, practice area discussions and presentations
- Preparation of expense management and cost savings analytics
- Ad hoc reporting related to business unit and attorney requests
- Collaborate with Legal Operations team to ensure data integrity and recommend system process improvements
- 4+ years accounting experience
- Financial services sector background preferred
- Strong working knowledge of financial applications and accounting process flow, especially accruals and invoice processing
- Excellent analytical and business skills
- Experience creating presentations
Project management experience:
- Ability to execute long term projects and meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented, can prioritize tasks
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to adapt to new situations and systems
- Drive and motivation - successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve performance
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Minimum 4-year college degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. ? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top