Legal, Intellectual Property and Contracts, Vice President - Singapore/ Hong kong
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The Legal Department is looking for a legal counsel, with financial services technology expertise and experience to be part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Contracts team.
The candidate will provide legal support for contracting initiatives in Asia Pacific excluding Japan, working closely with the Senior Counsel (based in Singapore) responsible for the legal support for the firm's regional contracts requirements. This position offers an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the firm, including in the technology division as well as in various business teams globally and to provide subject matter expertise on a wide range of services and transactions.
Professionals within the Legal Department provide high quality legal advice, transactional advice, regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advice on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses complete their transactions and understand and weigh the risks associated with our activities. In many cases, our lawyers, along with other professionals, assist the business areas in structuring transactions in order to capitalize on business opportunities while optimizing risk. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of contracts for services with various external service providers and consultants, including corporate services, technology, operations, security, tax and audit engagement letters, and related matters.
- Review and advise on laws and developments in law related to technology and cybersecurity.
- Review and advise on data privacy and intellectual property related matters, in collaboration with divisional and other specialist lawyers.
- Coordinate and review outsourcing processes.
- Provide general legal and contract related advice.
- Draft, review and coordinate internal services agreements.
- Review and maintain library of contract templates and manage shared document library, including updating templates and related source documents.
In all activities:
- Coordinate procedural steps toward the creation of streamlined processes to facilitate contracting, maintain and update template documents
- Liaise and coordinate with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including Legal, Corporate Risk, Compliance, Controllers, Tax, etc. and assure that Goldman Sachs' standard provisions are incorporated into all transactions and activities
- Management of day-to-day internal corporate authorizations and procedural matters and interact with the business teams to address routine legal issues as they arise in day-to-day activities
- Uphold the firm's principles, business controls, ethics, policies and procedures, and professional standards
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrable commercial transactional or contractual experience (3-7 years' experience): gained in private practice with a top tier law firm and/or with a large multi-national corporate organization
- Emphasis on experience in technology-related contracts, information security, data protection and privacy, services and outsourcing arrangements
- Excellent organizational, drafting and communications skills: demonstrated commitment to excellence and to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build and maintain strong relationships with relevant business groups within the firm; ability to work on a team of diverse individuals; ability to work collaboratively and willingness to be part of a Legal team that is dispersed geographically
- Highly motivated and proactive; the ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment; takes ownership of projects and has a strong work ethic
- Excellent ability to take firm positions to protect the firm's interests; keen business acumen
- Excellent academic credential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top