Legal, Global Markets Division, Americas Fixed Income Attorney (LatAm-Focused), Vice President
- Dallas, TX
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support a variety of business activities across the firm. We also provide advice with respect to the resolution of legal, regulatory and reputational risks and ensure the firm's activities are conducted within the boundaries of the law and consistent with preserving and enhancing the firm's reputation. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities
The Legal Department is looking for an attorney to assist in supporting our Investment Banking Latin America corporate derivatives team, our Global Currency and Emerging Markets (GCEM) sales and trading desks in NY, Mexico, and Brazil as well as our other fixed income global markets businesses. This position offers an opportunity to partner with the business and other cross divisional stakeholders in supporting the firm's fixed income businesses and drive the legal analysis and strategy.
- Advise on structuring, documentation, and execution of fixed income cash and derivatives products
- Advise on new product or activity development, concentrating in new markets in Latin America
- Assist with implementation of regulatory reform efforts
- Manage outside counsel, including local counsel in Latin America.
- Collaborate across control groups to drive execution and ensure consistency in risk management
- 5 to 8 years' legal experience post JD
- Experience in advising on derivatives (FX, rates, inflation, credit) and cash (bonds, repo, securities lending, loans) fixed income sales and trading products, including structured notes, TRSs, deal contingents, and lien-based derivative hedges. Substantive knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to swap dealers, security-based swap dealers and broker dealers, including the Commodity Exchange Act, Securities Act of 1933 and Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Dodd-Frank Title VII regulations, FINRA and NFA regulations, and Bank Holding Company and Financial Holding Company regulatory principles.
- Experience with various industry trading documentation and standards, including ISDA masters, CSAs and definitional booklets; GMRAs; LSTA loan trading documentation
- Outstanding law firm credentials and relevant in-house experience in a financial services company
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to clearly articulate ideas and develop stakeholder relationships
- Team-oriented with ability to respond and be flexible to client demands while adhering to firm policies and group practices
- Experience advising on cross-border financial transactions involving Latin American clients
- Spanish language skills preferred but not required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top