Legal, Finance and Corporate, Analyst- New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Analyst in GS Finance and Corporate Legal providing assistance for the management of domestic affiliate and subsidiary companies
- Maintain corporate records
- Coordinate maintenance of internal affiliate and subsidiary database with Legal Entity Management team in Operations in connection with regulatory reporting obligations and firm record keeping purposes
- Provide support to various groups across the firm including Tax, Controllers, Compliance, Operations, business-side colleagues, product lawyers and global counterparts
- Prepare formation and dissolution documents
- Prepare resolutions and certificates for general corporate housekeeping and for reorganizations and other transactions
- Coordinate director and officer updates
- Qualify entities to do business in various jurisdictions
- Prepare annual reports and coordinate updates of entity information
- Arrange payment of state franchise taxes and vendor invoices
- Generate reports on affiliates
- Special projects relating to affiliate management
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 0-3 years work experience preferred
- Should possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Should possess excellent organizational skills
- Should be a self-starter
- Should work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Notary public helpful
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top