Legal Division, Securities Financing Transaction Attorney, VP, Warsaw
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
THE LEGAL DEPARTMENT
The Goldman Sachs Legal department spans offices across 23 cities worldwide, from which we provide counsel and advice to support the global activities of the firm and our clients. Our focus is on providing the highest quality legal advice while managing regulatory and reputational risk. Whether you are an experienced lawyer or have other relevant experience combined with an interest in financial law and strong critical thinking skills, our team might be right for you.
OUR DEPARTMENT CULTURE
As a department we are focused on our people and their development and are committed to creating an environment that is diverse and inclusive. We offer numerous training and career development opportunities including a weekly legal training programme, department mentoring schemes and a people development committee tasked with providing tangible tools to help manage and develop careers. The department also has a number of active and varied committees including the Diversity, Pro Bono, Charity and Social Committees and encourages participation in the Women's, Black and LGBT firmwide affinity networks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to join the securities financing legal team. Focusing on supporting our short term interest rate market making desk, firm funding and treasury execution desks as well as our agency lending and prime brokerage securities lending businesses.
The securities financing legal team covers a full spectrum of products associated with securities lending and financing. In particular transactions in the form of repo, securities lending, total return swaps, margin lending, bond borrows and unsecured lending. The team advises on the structuring and execution of transactions, helps the firm navigate legal and regulatory change and advises on all aspects of legal and reputational risk.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Advising on structuring and documentation of transactions through repos and securities lending as well as related security interest arrangements
- Advising on synthetic securities financing transactions through derivatives under an ISDA master agreement
- Advising on secured and unsecured securities financing transactions, in particular, the pledge collateral securities lending arrangements
- Assisting with the negotiation and drafting of transactional documents, including coordination and management of external counsel
- Advising on GMRA and GMSLA negotiations led by negotiators
- Obtaining and reviewing legal opinions on netting and collateral enforceability covering primarily European and Emerging Market jurisdictions
- Advising on tri-party custodial arrangements and documentation
- Monitoring and advising on regulatory developments impacting the coverage business areas including CSDR and SFTR
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong educational background
- 6+ years post qualification relevant experience in a comparable institution or in a well regarded law firm
- Familiarity with industry documentation for derivatives (ISDA), repurchase (GMRA) and stock lending (GMSLA) transactions as well as pledge collateral version of the GMSLA
- Excellent negotiation skills and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and to respond to client demands in a timely manner
- Team player with the ability to be pro-active in a challenging business environment, whilst adhering to firm policies and group practices
- Personable and confident with ability to interact well directly with the business team and to take on responsibility for key business relationships as well as legal colleagues in other global offices
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top