Legal, Derivatives Attorney, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
Energetic and thoughtful attorney sought to support the Securities Division with a focus on the global fixed income derivatives businesses. The Goldman Sachs fixed income derivatives businesses engage in a range of activities that requires the support of a diverse set of legal skills. These activities include sales and trading of cleared and un-cleared derivatives, new product development and trade structuring, and the growing electrification of swaps trading.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
It is essential that the candidate have an ability to:
- Understand and deal with commercial and regulatory issues relating to the trading of interest rate and FX swaps, option and forwards
- Work on broad firm-wide teams to implement major projects
- Familiarity with CFTC regulatory issues, including Dodd-Frank, would be valued.
- 5+ years post JD experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution
- Experience with trading of swaps and derivatives products and documentation
- Familiarity with CFTC regulations, including Dodd-Frank
- Secured financing transactional experience a plus
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment and the ability to respond and be flexible to client demands, while adhering to firm policies and practices
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top