Legal - Derivative Documentation Group (ISDA) - Sr Analyst/ Associate
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking,securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
We are looking for a documentation negotiator to join the EMEA Derivatives documentation team on full time basis, working from the Bangalore office.
The negotiator will be responsible for negotiating a wide variety of industry standard documentation, including ISDA Master Agreements and related documents.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing first drafts, reviewing ancillary documents, drafting responses and marking documents, actively negotiating specific terms with clients, preparing summary memos and status reports for teams within the firm, preparing execution copies and final documentation.
- Coordinating with Credit, Corporate Treasury, Operations, Counterparty Risk and Legal to obtain necessary approvals, advice and guidance with regards to each negotiation.
- Responsible for updating internal documentation systems.
- Working on various ad hoc projects with other team members, analyzing and reviewing existing documents and collecting necessary data.
Bachelor's degree (Law degree preferred )
- Work experience in the financial industry ranging from 2 to 6 years.
- Demonstrable interest in financial products, including OTC derivatives.
- Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, especially under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise Good interpersonal and communications skills and willingness to be part of a team.
- We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic to learn and be trained in negotiation skills and documentary process for derivatives and other market products.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top