Legal - Contracts, Intellectual Property, Technology & Privacy Attorney - Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
Professionals within the Legal Department provide high quality legal advice, transactional advice, regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advice on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses complete their transactions and understand and weigh the risks associated with our activities. In many cases, our lawyers, along with other professionals, assist the business areas in structuring transactions in order to capitalize on business opportunities while optimizing risk. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world.
The Legal Department is looking for an attorney, with financial services technology expertise and experience to be part of the Technology, Intellectual Property and Contracts team tasked with advising, counseling structuring and negotiating technology and intellectual property-related transactions. This position offers an opportunity to work closely with stakeholders across the firm, including in the technology division as well as in various business teams globally. This role will also interact closely with colleagues throughout the firm's legal and compliance functions in order to provide legal support in connection with the development of new products, services and capabilities and to provide subject matter expertise on a wide range of services and transactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and agreements for technology-related goods and services, including SaaS, telecom, consulting, software licensing and hardware purchase agreements, statements of work, change orders, amendments and NDAs
- Drafting and negotiating outsourcing transactions, including offshoring, ITO and BPO
- Addressing issues related to internet/digital, social media and e-commerce in new products and services
- 5 years+ attorney work experience, preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience within financial services
- Emphasis on experience in global technology-related contracts, information security, data protection and privacy, service and outsourcing arrangements
- Excellent academic credentials
- Experience partnering with and supporting fast-paced internal clients and business development initiatives to close deals; strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Ability to help mitigate risk related to privacy and data security issues in connection with the firm's procurement of products and services
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top