Legal, Consumer Regulatory, Vice President, New York
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
Professionals within Legal provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or help defuse an consumer dispute. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm.
The Legal Department is looking for an experienced professional to be part of a small team tasked with developing the firm's consumer lending capabilities. This position offers opportunity to work closely with the consumer lending business teams and colleagues throughout the firm's legal, compliance, marketing, credit, product, operations and technology functions to develop and maintain consumer lending initiatives and products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advise on consumer lending initiatives including the development of new products and services with a particular focus on payment systems and practices
- Monitor state and federal consumer finance developments
- Assist in the negotiation and management of key vendor relationships
- Assist in the development and management of disclosures
- Work with Compliance colleagues to facilitate product development and maintenance
- Opportunity to work closely with lawyers from other divisions regarding consumer finance transactions
- Knowledge of and experience with federal, state and local consumer finance laws and regulations with an emphasis on Truth in Lending and the Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Experience with open-end and closed-end consumer credit products
- Experience drafting consumer credit agreements
- Knowledge of consent orders relating to open-end and closed-end lending products
- 5+ years of experience at a leading law firm or financial institution
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment and strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational / project management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- High level of initiative, integrity, and organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top