Legal, Consumer Regulatory, Associate/Vice President
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm's invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world.
The Legal Department is looking for an experienced professional to be part of a small team tasked with developing the firm's consumer lending capabilities. This position offers opportunity to work closely with the consumer lending business teams and colleagues throughout the firm's legal, compliance, marketing, credit and technology functions to develop and maintain marketing, servicing, and collections strategies and communications.
- Assist in the review of marketing claims and development and management of associated legal disclosures
- Assist in the negotiation and management of key strategic partnerships
- Develop and review strategies for addressing risks relating to servicing and collections
- Develop and review customer communication templates
- Review consumer complaints with legal and regulatory impact and assist in developing responses
- Monitor state and federal consumer finance developments
- Assist business with filings in response to consumer bankruptcy process
- Work with Compliance colleagues to facilitate remediation activities
- Knowledge of and experience with federal, state and local consumer finance laws and regulations including relating to Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices as well as servicing and collection, including the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act
- Experience reviewing marketing materials and developing disclosures
- Experience drafting consumer communications and responding to consumer complaints
- Knowledge of consent orders relating to marketing, servicing and collections
- 3+ years' post qualification experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment and strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational / project management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- High level of initiative, integrity, and organization
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top