Legal, Consumer Regulatory, Associate/Vice President
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world.
The Legal Department is looking for an experienced professional to be part of a small team tasked with developing the firm’s consumer lending capabilities. This position offers opportunity to work closely with the consumer lending business teams and colleagues throughout the firm’s legal, compliance, marketing, credit and technology functions to develop and maintain marketing, servicing, and collections strategies and communications.
- Develop and review strategies for addressing risks relating to servicing and collections
- Develop and review customer communication templates
- Review consumer complaints with legal and regulatory impact and assist in developing responses
- Monitor state and federal consumer finance developments with a primary focus on servicing and collections
- Assist business with filings in response to consumer bankruptcy process
- Work closely with business clients in dealing with and responding to consumers who engage third party debt managers
- Assist in the negotiation and management of key vendor relationships
- Assist in the development and management of disclosures and marketing claims
- Work with Compliance colleagues to facilitate remediation activities
- Opportunity to work closely with lawyers from other divisions regarding consumer finance transactions
- Knowledge of and experience with federal, state and local consumer finance laws and regulations including relating to servicing and collection, including the Fair Debt Collection Practice Act and state corollaries and laws and regulations prohibiting Unfair, Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices and state corollaries
- Experience drafting consumer communications and responding to consumer complaints
- Knowledge of consent orders relating to marketing, servicing and collections
- 3+ years’ post qualification experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution
- Team player with inherent commercial judgment and strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational / project management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- High level of initiative, integrity, and organization
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top