Legal, Company Secretarial Group, Associate, London
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major cities around the world.
BUSINESS UNIT AND ROLE OVERVIEW
Associate will support the Company Secretarial Group ('CSG') in London Legal which currently comprises a team of four Company Secretaries and one Executive Director, with team support. The CSG is responsible for the corporate administration for all of the GS UK entities (over 100) and a number of overseas entities. This includes five regulated companies, for whom the CSG manage the full board cycle of Board and Board committees meetings. The CSG uses Blueprint OneWorld ('BPOW') for its entity management. This interesting position will provide an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the corporate duties undertaken by the CSG, and the associated governance. The successful applicant will be part of a small, professional team and have the opportunity to liaise with people at all levels and in all areas of the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- To provide administrative support in the provision of a company secretarial service to the Goldman Sachs Group's entities in EMEA, which includes arranging, setting the agendas for, preparing the board packs, attending and minuting Board meetings and key Board committees and other Committees.
- Liaising with other divisions (legal, compliance, regulatory liaison, executive office) to ensure the smooth running of the Boards and Committees of Goldman Sachs International and Goldman Sachs International Bank.
- To maintain accurate entity records, assisting with processing key returns to Companies House in particular Annual Filings (confirmation statements), the maintenance of the PSC register and other constitutional changes.
- To carry out corporate actions for companies: e.g. appoint and resign officeres, capital increases and reductions, pay dividends, share subscriptions and transfers, changes in accounting reference date, including drafting, reviewing, appropriate documentation, Companies House forms and filings.
- To set up a number of new entity records on the entity management system.
- To assist in maintaining the integrity of the entity and individual director information on the database and to assist the CSG in validating entity and individual information on a regular basis.
- Respond to the numerous requests that the CSG receives for timely management information and reports on GS entities and committees.
- Progress the preparation of Secretary's Certificates and Delegated Signing Authorities including Powers of Attorney
- Assist with analytical tasks under the direction of the Company Secretary - Regular contact and coordination with senior members and relevant groups throughout the firm, including credit, treasury, New York legal, compliance, controllers, tax; in addition to external counsel and notaries.
- Assist in improving the efficiency & effectiveness of the Company Secretarial Group.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Should be a qualified, or nearly/part qualified, Chartered Secretary (ACIS or FCIS).
- Entity management experience and exposure to managing multiple entities, dealing with all aspects of Company Secretarial Practice.
- Proven excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and willingness to be part of a team.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, proactive nature, and an interest in company secretarial matters and the business of the various business divisions at Goldman Sachs.
- Ideally, experience of working in a Financial Services Company Secretarial role, however relevant experience gained in other industry sectors will be considered.
- Functional Expertise - Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
- Client and Business Focus - Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Creativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top