Legal, Bank Regulatory Attorney, Vice President
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you're an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Looking for an experienced bank regulatory attorney to provide support to the firm globally on U.S. bank regulatory matters. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Advising businesses and control functions on Bank Holdings Company Act matters, including:
- Reviewing transactional structures and authority determinations
- Capital and liquidity requirements
- Regulation K considerations
- Advising on new regulations and internal implementation
- Participating in firm and industry advocacy efforts
- Instructing/working with/managing external counsel
- Assisting with regulatory requests and examinations Basic Qualifications
- 8+ years post qualification experience required in a leading law firm or financial institution
- Extensive knowledge of the Bank Holding Company Act, Dodd-Frank and Regulations K, Y, QQ, VV, WW, YY
- Broader knowledge of CFTC and SEC rules are a plus
- Corporate transactional experience is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top