LCA - Compliance Tech - Sr. Data Analytics Product Manager
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
As a Senior Product Manager in Global Compliance Data Platform & Securities Division Compliance Tech, you will be responsible to manage and architect the software products for the Global Compliance Data platform and Coconut Data Analytics Toolset covering firm's trading activities across Equities, Fixed Income, Credits and Commodities and FX asset classes, involved with billions of quotes, orders, executions, trades, positions and market data, define and architect data analytics tools leveraging advanced business intelligence and data mining algorithms and visualizations, to help the firm manage the conduct risk and regulatory compliance.
An impactful candidate is expected to work closely with business users, technical managers, application architects and software engineers across all regions, manage and analyze business use cases, drive data modelling and analytical toolset design, test and roll out the global data platform and advanced data analytics tools.
The candidate would have direct exposure and interaction with compliance, front office and engineering divisions across multiple levels in the hierarchy.
THE TECHNOLOGY DIVISION
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that help manage and protect the firm's reputational and regulatory risks, provide regulatory compliance monitoring and control against potential regulatory breach and conduct risks. We provide access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Compliance Data Analytics Team is responsible for building out the cross-divisional data platform and investigation and analytics tools leveraging big data technology to support surveillance monitoring, regulatory control and investigation, business and management insight.
Our Engineers partner with Securities Division Compliance officers and other Division and Platform Engineering to analyze the trading flows and data points, implement the data platform, data analytics, workflow and MIS/BI solutions to help providing surveillance and monitoring of firm and client activities identifying actionable items based on regulations, trends, patterns and firm policies in detecting potentially problematic activities, supporting internal and external investigation. Our processing spans each business and product line worldwide so team has global reach with regional representation aligned with Compliance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Demonstrate ability to work and lead as part of a global team designing and implementing effective data analytics solutions for moderate to complex business problems.
- Perform trading flow and data analysis, develop data model and object model across quotes, orders, executions, trades, positions, market data and reference data.
- Lead and build Data Analytics solutions on the datasets to provide business intelligence and insight on the firm's trading activities by analyzing multitude of requirements, and leveraging cutting edge technologies.
- Work with internal customers at all levels of the business to answer questions, diagnose and resolve operational issues, and resolve technical and business problems.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR Basic Qualifications
- 8+ years of hands-on Product Manager / Business Analyst / Data Analyst experience.
- Strong business and data analysis skills. Must be able to lead requirements gathering and data analysis conversations with senior end users. Strong in data modelling with Securities products and lifecycle events.
- Strong knowledge in Business Intelligence (e.g. QlikView/Tableau) and Statistical Modeling (e.g. R or Python).
- Strong knowledge in Data Mining and Machine Learning algorithms (e.g. Python).
- Highly motivated, committed and capable of working to timelines. Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team.
- Strong written and very strong verbal communication skills.
- Possess Intellectual curiosity and motivation to improve his/ her business and technology skill set.
- Exposure to Big Data Technologies - Spark, Hadoop, Kafka/Flink messaging streaming, Elastic, Lambda Architecture.
- Working knowledge of Securities products, Securities Compliance regulations or Regulatory reporting regulations.
- Java, or Python or Scala development & testing experience.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top