Junior Measurement Engineer - Tech Risk
Business Unit Overview
Led by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Technology Risk secures Goldman Sachs against hackers and other cyber threats. We are responsible for detecting and preventing attempted cyber intrusions against the firm, helping the firm develop more secure applications and infrastructure, developing software in support of our efforts, measuring cybersecurity risk, and designing and driving implementation of cybersecurity controls. The team has global presence across the Americas, APAC, India and EMEA. Within Technology Risk, Tech Risk Engineering creates targeted solutions to solve thematic control gaps across the firm. We are a team of security, software, and data engineers that identify and curate technology data, provide technology solutions in the threat management space, and drive real-time response processes to meet regulatory and management requirements. We build exciting, novel solutions and identify gaps to bridge platforms across Core Engineering.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The measurement and analytics team within Technology Risk is tasked with building and managing technology solutions that help the Firm protect its information assets, while measuring and managing risk. Establishing a sound set of security solutions is a key mission for the measurement and analytics team; and is central to the success of the Technology Risk organization.
We are looking for a motivated, curious, insightful and technically savvy data scientist to join our Technology Risk Data Science team. In addition to possessing superior analytic skills, the Data Science team member will know how to:
- prospect for "sponsored" exploratory analysis projects
- extract and frame the most salient "headlines" arising from the data
- tell stories with the data
- develop the Data Science team's skills, and mentor younger staff
- market and promote the Data Science team's work
- Design, implement, and maintain multiple data collection and ingestion processes, supporting critical risk management functions.
- Contribute to architectural discussions and drive continuous improvement of the data platforms supporting Technology Risk.
- Drive the adoption of enterprise data technologies to improve the reliability and scalability of implemented solutions.
- Work closely with technology partners to leverage distributed computing systems, adhere to development best practices and standards, and build reusable and extendable solutions.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies, tools, and techniques in the areas data collection and analysis.
- Hypothesize, plan and execute exploratory analyses, using data collected from sources throughout the firm
- Develop the team's research agenda and prospect list of internal sponsors
- Prototype analytics that measure the effectiveness of technology risk controls
- Create ad hoc data sets in response to inquiries from internal clients (SIRT, Advisory, etc)
- Present findings to sponsors and internal audiences
- Define the data science features needed by the firm's internal analytics workbench software (MaaP)
- Demonstrated expertise with data science techniques such as clustering, machine learning, regression, natural language
- Language proficiency in R, Python/NumPy, Scala, Pig etc
- General query and scripting ability (SQL, perl, python, powershell, etc)
- Master's degree or higher preferred.
- 10+ years' experience in data analytics, data science or statistics.
- Small-Medium scale team, project and management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing.
- Strong analytic and problem solving ability
- Experience working as part of a global team.
- A passion for, and understanding of, information security and risk management.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top