Java/Big Data Developer - Regulatory, Tax & Clients Assets Engineering
- Warsaw, Poland
Are you passionate about technology and building creative channels to reach your audience? We are seeking a talented & motivated hands-on Developer to work in a dynamic team developing various applications supporting Regulatory Reporting function. A successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills. The role will involve all aspects of project lifecycle including development, testing and deployment. The role allows interaction with business users, architects, developers and functional analysts globally both within the team and with other GS groups. Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. Regulatory Operations and the associated technology team are responsible for protecting this reputation through taking responsibility for the reporting of all of the firm's activities to the many regulators throughout the world. In order to achieve this, the team processes all of the firm's activity, be it securities or derivatives, within each of the jurisdictions in which the firm operates. The candidate will be part of the global team with presence in London, New York, Bangalore and Tokyo now expanding into Warsaw.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will partner with the global technology and business teams to develop and implement solutions to fulfill regulatory obligations of the firm
• Work closely with technology and strategy teams across the firm to build high quality, secure, and maintainable systems using approved tools and software development practices
• Manage relationship and workflows with multiple stakeholders and enhance business understanding in a cross product role
• Analyse key performance metrics, monitoring success of initiatives, optimizing the approach and reporting to key stakeholders
• Enhance your technology skills by working closely with engineers working on cutting edge system
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong knowledge of OO and functional programming paradigms - Java
• Java-based technologies and toolkits
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Experience working with any RDBMS like: Sybase, Oracle, DB2, etc.
• DI frameworks like Spring or similar
• ORM frameworks like Hibernate or similar
• Linux/Unix experience
• Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow-through
• Development IDEs: IntelliJ or similar
• TDD approach, desire to produce quality, well tested production ready code
• Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
• Experience in latest big-data architectures
• Experience or a strong interest in financial products is a plus
• Experience on Spark & Scala is a plus
• Maven 2
• Agile experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top