Java Software Engineer - SecDB Architecture
- New York, NY
The SecDb team is responsible for the engineering and management of a business critical pricing and risk calculation platform used by all the revenue generating and federation divisions. As a developer in the team, you will be responsible to partner with developers in strategies and business-aligned technology teams globally, to create solutions, develop new features or improve existing services to meet business requirements. Our team is actively looking into migrating services from the proprietary platform to modern solutions for scalable microservices architecture. You will have the opportunity to join a rapidly expanding team at the early stage and to make decisions that would affect the shape of the platform for the next 5-10 years, creating innovative technology solutions to support the evolving needs of the global business. We are looking to grow our team with a motivated technologist who is:
- A self-learner, curious, inquisitive, always striving to improve one's skill and knowledge.
- Passionate about new technologies, such as those related to the cloud.
- Not afraid to dig into 20-year old code to refactor and uplift it into the new century.
- Understands the importance of using common standards and protocols for integration with existing internal or external systems.
- Capable to collaborate and compromise with others to achieve a common goal.
- Focused on user experience and customer satisfaction.
- Unwilling to compromise on code quality, test coverage, or controls.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• An opportunity to work on the core of a strategically important system at GS, used by both revenue generating and federation divisions.
• Interact with platform users in strategies and business-aligned technology teams spread around the globe and across various timezones.
• Interact directly with the business and other tech teams to build innovative solutions to support the GS business.
• Considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers.
• Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment.
• Opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge of financial derivatives pricing and trade modelling
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• A bachelor, master, or PhD in a math or science degree.
• Solid understanding and algorithms and data structures.
• A strongly typed compiled language (e.g. Java/C++) for 3+ years.
• A dynamically typed language (e.g. Python) for 1+ years
• Experience in working with large software systems, distributed computing, and databases (SQL and NoSQL).
• Experience in leading projects and team management
• Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and work under pressure and prioritize
• Team player
• Motivation to learn about trading workflow and financial markets
• Experience in developing application using the AWS stack
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top