Java Quant Developer (Algo Build) - Equities Electronic Trading
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading
Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading (GSET) has launched an initiative to become the top provider in electronic trading by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for top clients across the industry. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Electronic Trading to achieve and exceed our goals.
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading performance for systems and strategies used by our clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Build best in class algorithmic trading offering to Goldman Sachs' electronic trading clients.
- Design, build and maintain highly specialized, low latency Equities trading strategies.
- Use data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it.
- Work closely with Quants to implement and rigorously back test signals and models.
- Observe, measure and act proactively to continuously improve performance of trading strategies.
- Communication with traders, sales, clients and compliance officers about new feature requests, explanation of existing features etc.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience developing high performance, low latency systems
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience developing distributed architecture systems and message bus protocols
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Solving complex, open-ended problems with lot of ambiguity using latest data analysis and machine learning tools
- Experience building re-usable building blocks and API's for trading strategies that can be deployed in global markets; experience building tools for performance analysis, back testing and visualization
- Good knowledge of Java performance tuning for low latency and GC-free real-time operation
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Over 3 years' relevant experience in Financial industry (algorithmic trading, automation of trader workflows, HFT strategies)
- Background in statistics and data driven performance analysis and optimizations
- Familiarity with Global Equities Markets
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top