Java Developer - Strats Equities Trading Automation
- London, United Kingdom
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Why the Equities Derivatives Automation Strats team?
Equities Derivs Automation Strats is a team of desk engineers who work closely with sales and trading to transform the businesses globally by automating the key decisions taken every day.
Our team has a wide remit including: developing and maintaining algorithms for automated quoting and hedging of equity derivatives products; researching and productionising relevant predictive models and trading strategies; analysis of market dynamics to facilitate efficient algorithmic execution of orders at exchange. We focus on designing market leading systems with strong APIs and a service oriented architecture. What we do is critical to the derivatives businesses at Goldman Sachs, hence we are an integral part of key strategic decisions affecting the wider business.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Join global team aligned to the desk that trades synthetic products (e.g. equity swaps), building up in-depth knowledge of a specific area of the overall trading business. Make significant contributions to programs of work to reduce the manual effort and operational risk in current processes, by delivery of automation.
- Help unifying individual trading desk autoquoters into a single coherent platform, in principle allowing every business line to leverage their own innovative modelling logic and/or predictive models,
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math, and develop an in-depth understanding of Equity Derivatives front office business, flows and systems,
- Capture data and analytics, used to improve business decision making and client experience
- Ensure systems can handle high data volumes using established and emerging technologies, techniques and processes
- Work closely with sales and trading, support our automated pricing and trading systems
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks
- Java (low latency, zero GC)
- Others (depending on exact initiatives): Vert.x / Kafka / Mongo DB / C++
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented or functional paradigm such as C++, Java or Python, and willingness to work in Java,
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and algorithms,
- At least 2 years' experience
- Solid knowledge of Java 8/11,
- Previous technical role working within Financial Services (i.e. working with a derivatives trading desk)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top