Java Developer - PWM Portfolio Accounting
Are you interested in a Java developer role that will let you design creative solutions to several complex problems on very modern technical stack and help take your Java skills and problem solving abilities to the next level?
The Goldman Sachs, Private Wealth Management technology team is looking for skilled software engineers to work on our Tax Reporting teams. Our Tax Reporting teams are in the middle of exciting phase to scale and automate our existing global tax platforms to create a next generation platform to provide platinum quality services to our clients.
In this role, you would be working with a great team of engineers to build applications to store, process and report on tens of millions of transactions every day . You would also work on designing, building and maintaining scalable, highly available RESTful services that can serve several hundreds of thousands of critical data requests per day.
In addition, we will give you an opportunity to work on a variety of projects and technologies as you evolve in your ability to deliver on projects successfully.
At Goldman Sachs, technology is core to our business and the contributions you make in your projects, through your innovation and expertise will make a direct and immediate impact developing our business.
If you have the skills, energy and passion to write JAVA code to make a different in the world of finance where accuracy, speed and scale converge, look no further, come join our team!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Challenge yourself and your peers on status quo to bring new fresh and creative ideas to every problem
- Design and code for big data model related initiatives.
- Design and build frameworks and micro-services
- Create automated tests for all the software you write and improve code quality from release to release.
- Develop solutions that can scale for future business needs.
- Collaborate with global technology and business partners find high quality solutions for complex problems.
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers and business counterpart.
- Passionate to make a difference through your software skills.
- A person with a natural acumen to learn new concepts and technologies
- Willing to teach and mentor and also learn from others
- Very analytical and have a mind set to take on any problem.
- Independent and comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Eager to innovate solutions to address the constantly changing financial markets
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4-7 years of experience in Java, J2EE, Spring technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in JAVA
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing RESTful APIs.
- Experience in working on Apache Hadoop based systems.
- Ability to write Apache Spark code.
- Ability to collaborate and empathize with a variety of individuals and being a good team player.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages and technologies as needed.
- Ability to work on large-scale programming projects.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top