Java Developer - Global Markets Operations Engineering
- Salt Lake City, UT
In Global Markets, Operations Engineers build highly-scalable, low-touch systems that enable the sales and trading activities of Goldman Sachs across all asset classes (fixed income, equities, currencies and commodities). Our systems are critical for the accurate and timely processing of transactions worth hundreds of billions of dollars every day. As part of our global teams, you will work with other Engineers as well as with Operations, Sales and Trading and Finance professionals in a fast-paced environment to bring your skills to bear on the challenges and opportunities of the businesses and clients of Go ldman Sachs. We are looking to hire at various levels of Analysts/Associate/VP while we start to build out our team here in Salt Lake City.
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering is at the critical center of our businesses. Our dynamic environment requires strategic thinking that is innovative and produces smart solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
GLOBAL MARKETS OPERATIONS
Operating at the center of global financial markets, our Global Markets professionals serve institutional clients including Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Banks and Brokerages, Pensions, Endowments and Foundations, Corporations, and Governments. We seek to deliver to our clients leading market insight, risk management and execution, helping them to raise money, invest, and transfer risk across financial asset classes.
Global Market Operations provides client onboarding support, post-trade transaction services and post-trade portfolio services. Our Client Coverage Group manages key client relationships to enhance the client experience front to back. We support the FICC and Equities businesses to develop and deliver new products, services and markets. Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Use your analytical ability and decision-making skills to arrive at creative and client-oriented solutions
- Design and build frameworks including automated testing through collaboration with global cross-functional teams
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product leads and senior stakeholders
- Hungry to learn new concepts and technologies
- Willing to teach and mentor others
- Eager to innovate solutions to address the constantly changing financial markets
- 2+ years of experience with Java or similar object oriented language (e.g. C++, C#, Scala, Python).
- 2+ years RDBMS experience (able to write and analyze complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions).
- Desire to build strong and efficient SDLC practices.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a hands-on experience of debugging and optimizing code, as well as automation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and drive. Excellent communication skills required, able to contribute to discussions on design and strategy.
- Unix environment working experience
- Scripting (Perl/Python/Shell)
- RESTful web services
- Big data technology stack
- Financial market knowledge a plus (but not required)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top