- Warsaw, Poland
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Finance Data Engineering Team
We are opening a new team in Warsaw to join our dynamic global team of talented junior and senior developers, technical architects, and functional analysts who work in concert to deliver high profile projects using modern technologies. The goal of this team is the implementation of a unified data strategy to be adopted by the various engineering teams based upon the firm's data platforms, with the appropriate governance and controls for protecting the firm's and clients ' data.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Why join the team?
- Interpersonal Communication: You'll engage with data producers and consumers across all areas of the business to understand their requirements and to propose solutions tailored to their needs.
- Technologies: You'll program in Java and model data using Pure/Legend - a data management and data governance open source platform that we will teach you. Read more on Bloomberg . Other technologies in use in our space: RESTful services, Maven/Gradle, Apache Spark, BigData, HTML 5, AngularJs/ReactJs, IntelliJ, Gitlab, Jira.
- Cloud Technologies: You'll be involved in building the next generation of finance systems on AWS in which you'll get exposure to AWS S3, Athena, Redshift, Snowflake, EMR and more.
- Autonomy: You'll have significant autonomy in designing and writing solutions to help our stakeholders deliver for the firm's clients.
- Creativity: You'll be encouraged to suggest improvements to products and to propose ways, in which we can add value for our stakeholders.
- Training: Your manager will support your professional development, allowing you time for training at work, helping you learn and grow within the organization, and providing opportunities for increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. Java, C#, C++)
- A clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- No prior finance experience required - opportunities to learn and develop finance knowledge will be provided.
- Experience in Java development
- Knowledge of relational and columnar SQL databases, including database design
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with the Spring Framework or equivalent application development framework.
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top