IRP Tech - Associate
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's
ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues
around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
We are looking for a strong developer to play a key role in the Interest Rate Products front office technology team. The candidate will be partnering with technologists, strategists, traders and salespeople in the Goldman Sachs FICC trading environment. Candidate will primarily work on developing applications for pre and post trade flows, risk management that will require significant user interaction and work with global teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Development - Design, build and deploy critical trading applications, including intraday risk management and position keeping, trade booking, pricing and EOD processing applications. Development will be in Java, C# or in a proprietary language (Slang/SecDb).
• Analysis - Liaise with traders, salespeople, strategists, and operations users and other technology groups to determine development requirements, specifications and priorities.
• Support - All members of our development teams rotate through frontline support.
• Collaborate with other technologists to share ideas and build reusable applications.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Comfortable in a high-pressure and highly dynamic and rapid development environment (Agile development experience)
• Clear and confident communicator- essential as this role will require interaction with traders and strategists
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science , Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
• Strong programming experience in at least one compiled language (e.g. C, C++, Java)
• Proficient at working with large and complex code bases
• Interest in Financial Products
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top