ION ePlatform - FICC
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change, and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Engineering plays a key role in the firm's
ability to provide liquidity and execution services for institutional clients around the world, two important revenue drivers for the firm. In FICC Engineering we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
Who We Look For
ION ePlatform sits at the nexus of systematic pricing, human user-interface and client flow, connecting our clients with automated and human traders in a seamless, robust fashion. We use world class internal systems, open-source components and best of breed commercial products to achieve this end. As the Fixed Income market rapidly electronifies, ePlatform builds robust, scalable, and maintainable systems to handle the inevitable increased loads. ION ePlatform plays a crucial role in driving GS Fixed Income forward. We are a global team using Agile methodologies. You will work directly with team members in London, NYC, Bangalore, Sydney, Hong Kong and Tokyo in cross geographic, motivated and dynamic teams.
Candidates must have a superior understanding of programming and data structure with a curiosity to want to understand all aspects of their job. They will be undaunted by complexity, looking to understand and simplify at all turns. They will be pragmatic and brave. Goldman prides itself of helping others, and so you will be a mentor to other team members as we work through to build robust, scalable systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design and develop distributed real-time trading systems for FICC business
- Understand existing systems and flows and uplift them to a modern, scalable architecture with minimal disruption to business
- Spec out, develop, test, deploy and support evolving ePlatform stack
- Partner with global team to execute on business objectives
- Technically guide junior developers
- STEM degree with 5 to 10 years of relevant work experience
- Thorough knowledge of Java programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Experience with Linux operating system internals and/or networking concepts
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- Experience with real-time distributed systems
- Multi-threaded/concurrent programming
- Low-latency messaging, network protocols, network I/O in Java
- Strong interpersonal skills, drive, and ownership
- Solving novel problems from first principles
- Knowledge of financial markets
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top