Investment Strategies Group, Analyst
Are you a quick-thinking self-starter with a passion for the financial markets, the desire to work closely with clients, and the ability to think outside the box? We are seeking an Analyst who can contribute to the research, design and customization of investment strategies across global asset classes.
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as foundations, endowments and select institutions. PWM teams work on-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities, by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
The Investment Strategy Group (ISG) within Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management has responsibility for strategic and tactical asset allocation views and advice for the firm’s high net worth clients and certain institutions. The role of an ISG member requires a broad set of qualities, including a passion for investing, client servicing, as well as strong analytical and communication skills.
The Strategic Asset Allocation group in ISG is seeking an Analyst to work closely with PWM teams to construct customized asset allocation solutions to PWM’s High Net Worth clientele as well as small to mid-size institutions. This is a dynamic role and requires patience, creativity, ability to multi-task, attention to details, as well as inter-personal and problem solving skills.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Demonstrate strong analytical and technical skills
- Deliver timely, thoughtful, and flawless executions
- Interact with the firm’s current and prospective clients
- Provide a keen interest in understanding the financial markets
- Desire a long term career in Investment Management
- Initiate and assist on investment research efforts
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Our Private Wealth Management business spans the globe, with clients actively involved in the Investment Strategies Group predominantly across the Americas.
Basic QualificationsSKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (U.S. or equivalent) in quantitatively-related fields
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages; solid Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms
- Strong inter-personal skills and a passion to engage with clients
- Attention to details, patience, and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Collaborative and team work oriented
- Independent, logical, and critical thinking, with the willingness to constantly think outside of the box
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses (must obtain within the first 3 months)
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top