Investment Management Division, GSAM, Global Portfolio Solutions - Lead Portfolio Manager, Vice President, London
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) is a multi-asset class investing group that sits within the Investment Management Division at Goldman Sachs. It designs and develops comprehensive investment management solutions customised to meet the investment objectives and relevant constraints of clients. These solutions bring together state-of-the-art techniques for multi-asset portfolio design and implementation and reflect proprietary research conducted by the GPS team. With over 100 professionals across the globe, GPS invests or advises on over £70bn in assets across the world's leading corporations, sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices.
As a member of the Lead Portfolio Management Team within GPS, the person will have responsibility for designing and managing multi-asset class portfolios for defined benefit pension schemes and other institutional investors. The role will primarily be covering fiduciary management for UK defined benefit pension schemes. This role is client facing and highly analytical, focusing on developing and communicating customised asset allocation and portfolio construction analyses for clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Core responsibilities include:
- Supervise client portfolios on a daily basis. Areas of involvement will include strategic and implementation issues, asset allocation, investment manager / vehicle selection and oversight, risk / performance management and evaluation, and research on investment management products
- Develop client relationships by understanding client investment needs and proposing new strategies that enhance portfolio characteristics
- Interpret actuarial cash flows and their interest rate and inflation sensitivities to develop asset-liability analyses and asset allocation recommendations
- Interpret pension accounting disclosures (IAS 19), actuarial valuations, and recovery plans.
- Develop and communicate materials for clients and prospects such as presentation books, requests for proposals and additional analyses
- Develop research views on both macro and micro-level investment issues
- Participate in prospecting and research meetings to help continue to grow the UK fiduciary business
Other required skills/experience:
- 6-8+ years of investment or portfolio management experience or in a field related to defined benefit pension scheme management
- Preference for qualified actuary, CFA charterholder or MBA
- Familiarity with LDI
- Ability to communicate and market complex ideas and strategies to clients of varying levels of sophistication
- Highly organised individual able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Intelligent, creative, and good problem-solving abilities
- A self-starter, should have ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
- Strong interest in the financial markets and a good investment sense/commercial instinct
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top