Investment Management Division - Global Portfolio Solutions - Administrative Assistant
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure.
Global Portfolio Solutions (GPS) designs and develops multi-asset investment management solutions that are customized to meet our clients' unique objectives. These solutions offer a tailored menu of strategies and services, including markets expertise, asset allocation, and risk management. GPS is a committed partner to corporate pensions, nonprofits, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, and individual investors, and currently manages over $100 billion in assets for a diverse group of clients globally. The team has been constructing and managing multi-asset class portfolios for two decades and is comprised of more than 125 professionals across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Principal Responsibilities include:
- Provides administrative support in a complex team environment to multiple senior professionals
- For MDs and select VPs- Manages calendars, answers phones, coordinates travel arrangements, expense processing and time tracking
- Provides ad hoc support to broader team as needed
- Coordinates internal / external meetings and conference calls
- Handles phones calls and interacts with high level business leaders in a professional and effective manner
- Prepares and distributes team correspondence, memos, letters, reports or other documents as requested
- Maintains understanding of firm policies and handles certain issues independently Onboards new hires, processes new employees, transfers, terminations, etc.
- Responsible for participation in general administrative duties (copying, filing, faxing, archiving, booking conference rooms, arranging audio and video conferences), ad-hoc projects, committees and or group events
- Orders supplies and keeps inventory well-stocked
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Strong knowledge of general business, corporate and government cultures
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential and non-routine information
- Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills; problem solving; follow up
- Demonstrated dependability and sense of urgency about getting results
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong organizational skills
- Comfortable working with people at all organizational levels
- Comfortable working in a sometimes hectic, high pressure environment
- Ability to display a consistent, professional degree of communication
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Must be able to prioritize a variety of time-sensitive tasks
- Must have excellent judgment; independent thinker and resourceful
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy and discretion required
- Prefer 4+ years of relevant experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top