Investment Banking Operations, Syndicate Operations Group, Analyst/Associate - Tokyo
Investment Banking Operations Investment Banking Operations provide operational support throughout the lifecycle of a Corporate Advisory or Financing Deal. The department is structured as five functional teams within Asia, Europe and the US, including locations in Bangalore and Irving. The teams are set up to manage each deal through logistics of marketing, deal execution, settlement and invoicing of fees and expenses.
Principal responsibilities of the Syndicate Operations Group are:
- Coordinating syndicate operations activity for the Japan Equity and Debt Capital Markets business
- Providing a control framework to manage the operational risk of the business
- Orchestrating stock and cash movements associated with primary and secondary deal activity
- Providing support and advice to bankers with regards to operational processes impacting deal activity
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Prepare deal executions, including deal structuring and coordination of multiple stakeholders
- Providing settlement advisory to Investment Banking Division for new business pitching / deal execution
- Announcing deals street wide and manage the timeline towards deal closure
- Review of prospectuses and deal documents for proper syndicate language Ensuring all client allocations are properly handled and balanced before settlement date
- Submitting deal information to regulatory bodies such as BOJ, JSDA, TSE etc.
- Monitoring deal-related cash / position movements in internal and external accounts
- Participating in formal closing calls with Issuer, Transfer Agent, Investment Bankers, working parties to ensure a smooth settlement process
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Strong analytical, logical and strategical thinker
- Effective team player, highly collaborative, team-oriented, and strong consensus builder
- Self-starter, able to work towards targets with minimal supervision
- General understanding of basic capital markets functions
- Ability to drive projects, deals and initiatives across multiple teams
- Excellent Japanese language skills (mandatory)
- Prior experience in an Investment Banking Operations environment, or similar, is preferable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top