Investment Banking Division- IBD Engineering- Vice President- Bengaluru
- Bangalore, India
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We are looking for a Vice President to join the Investment Banking Analytics team in Bengaluru. Our team members are financial engineers, software engineers, and data scientists who share a passion for investment banking and the financial markets.
The successful candidate will bring expertise in implementing real-world Machine Learning models to the investment banking context. This is an opportunity to be part of a team responsible for identifying and predicting global investment banking transactions, to remain a step ahead of our competitors.
The position involves solving business, data, and technology-related problems using large and complex financial datasets, and working in tandem with Investment Bankers. The role requires a combination of the following competencies: an understanding of the financial markets, strong communication skills, data and statistical analysis including machine learning, and software engineering. We expect a candidate to be self-led, entrepreneurial, and capable of managing the delivery and adoption of key projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work across a global team to translate ideas and existing models into well-tested, production-ready, Machine Learning models and/or models based on other quantitative and analytical techniques
- Co-ordinate between relevant analytics and software engineering teams within and outside of the Investment Banking Division
- Understand and integrate with existing data and technology infrastructure in a robust and strategic manner
- Supervise, mentor, and manage junior members of the team, including dividing,
prioritizing, and delegating tasks appropriately to achieve project goals within the
- Highly goal-oriented; able to produce high quality results autonomously with little
direction, guidance or prior precedent
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in a quantitative discipline
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in developing real world Machine Learning algorithms
as well as other advanced data analytics such as natural language processing (NLP)
- 3+ years of experience in finance, preferably in an investment banking context and
including experience in asset price modeling/quantitative finance and general corporate
- Experience in python or similar programming language, and respective machine learning
and deep learning libraries such as Sklearn, TensorFlow, and PyTorch
- Strong quantitative/analytical reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Strong technical and computer programming skills
- Prior implementation experience of enterprise-level data and software platforms
- Strong oral and written communicator, and ability to summarize complex issues and
situations concisely and clearly
- Strong team player and ability to work with diverse stakeholders and colleagues
- Results-oriented work ethic based upon responsibility, enthusiasm, and pride in work
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top