Investing & Lending Middle Office Associate - London
The Bank Loans MO team works in partnership with various GS business teams to ensure efficient execution and settlement of Par and Distressed loan and private security transactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Monitoring trading systems for distressed and private security trades and confirming trades with outside clients
- Drafting, reviewing & negotiating transfer documents (including trade confirms, transfer certificates & pricing letter)
- Liaising with Legal, Compliance, Credit, Trading Desks, Agency and Servicing teams to ensure necessary approvals are obtained, pricing/cashflows are agreed, reconciled and settled within our system
The role provides a high level of interaction with trading, sales and outside clients, as well as exposure to in-house lawyers, compliance, credit, regulatory teams and other Operations areas covering the trading desk.
The team needs people who can prioritise and display flexibility; will pay close attention to detail and display a high standard for accuracy and responsiveness; have a positive attitude and will work towards accomplishing the goals of the team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Knowledge and previous experience of Distressed Bank Loans and Private Security Closing. Minimum 4 year experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-moving environment
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to keep track of a large workload
- Strong control mindset, to enhance the existing infrastructure to support increases in business
- Team oriented approach - ability to work across functions outside of Operations
- Highly motivated, energetic and enthusiastic
- Strong organisational skills and flexibility, with the ability to cope with rapidly changing priorities throughout the day
- Professional approach and ability to communicate well directly with external parties such as borrowers, lenders and other agents
• Experience of navigating Loan Credit Agreements
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top