Inventory Management Software Engineer - Equities Tech
- New York, NY
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Inventory Management team focuses on centralization of inventory and collateral flows into a single, firmwide platform. The team interacts with Engineering and business teams in Corporate Treasury, Operations, Equities and FICC in designing and building a new, strategic platform for the optimal routing of inventory and collateral for meeting settlement obligations, maximizing funding efficiency and optimizing balance sheet usage. The platform will consist of a data layer, an optimization layer and an execution layer (including UIs and workflows) that utilize a modern technical stack. The global team has members in New York, London, Bengaluru and Tokyo.
A successful candidate will be part of this global team of full-stack engineers driving the build out of our strategic liquidity management platform.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered business applications based on object oriented design
- Interface with internal clients and other engineering teams to successfully deliver high quality products
- Participate in the full SDLC for software written in:
- Java 8 (Spring, REST)
- Opportunity to work on SQL and No-SQL databases and micro-service architectures
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Excellent object oriented or functional analysis and design skills.
- Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis with strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Experience in test driven development
- Experience in messaging services and UNIX shell scripting
- Familiarity with core UI/UX design principles
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top