Inventory Management Engineering - Securities
- New York, NY
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our engineers don't just make things - they make things possible. They change the world by connecting people and capital with software. The Inventory Management team is comprised of highly-skilled engineers embedded within the Securities Division, the part of our business which aims to help our clients buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. The core value of our division is to build strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. Our engineers solve the most challenging technology problems faced by our clients and our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, passionate about building solutions to enhance all facets of our business: from client experience to risk management capability. We look for creative collaborators who love a challenge and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Technology is at the heart of our multi-billion dollar business. Our engineers develop highly scalable and resilient solutions, which drive global equities trading at Goldman Sachs and, depending on the situation, they need to be: architects, technical experts, mentors, leaders and more.
The Inventory Management team is a new team responsible for the creation of an innovative platform, which will track the location of billions of dollars' worth of inventory in real time, the restrictions applied on each piece, how they can be efficiently used throughout the firm, ultimately impacting critical trading decisions. Our brand-new platform leverages innovative event sequencing technology, born from the firm's systematic market-making effort, and operational research algorithms to optimally manage the firm's cash and securities inventory. We work closely with the Prime Services and Synthetics Product Group (SPG) which provide clients with equities financing and securities lending services. In this role, you will be a part of a global team of engineers involved in development of this new trading platform - it will replace existing, less efficient, disparate, systems with a state-of-the-art platform to manage inventory. The role will also involve building real-time analytics, visualization of results of recommendations, and provide traders with innovative interfaces to allow them to act decisively.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As part of our team, you will participate in projects to continue building our brand new platform hence directly impacting the firm's inventory management capability. You will work on all aspects of the project from gathering requirements, working with regional and global traders, to implementing and deploying the platform. You will also have the opportunity to influence our core technology build out with the goal of seamlessly handling ever-increasing order volumes from our clients. Our team members:
- Create highly scalable systems, build services, develop user-facing, web applications and analytics.
- Lead the design and development process working closely with users.
- Analyse requirements, investigate available technologies, build proof-of-concepts.
- Provide timely updates on milestone deliverables and statuses of projects to management.
- Mentor junior developers on the team globally.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Experience leading requirements gathering, design and implementation phases of a significant system
- Strong programming experience in Java, Python, C, C++ or equivalent language
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms
- Knowledge of SQL and experience of RDBMS such as Sybase/Oracle/DB2 or an equivalent technology .
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and balance immediate deliverables with longer term strategic initiatives to maximize commercial impact.
- High performance & throughput server side programming.
- Experience building RESTful web services with frameworks like Spring Boot or Dropwizard.
- Well versed with software development lifecycle and associated SDLC tools for version control, build, deployment, testing and controls
- Experience with Apache Kafka, messaging systems like TIBCO and analytics engines like Apache Spark.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top