Internal Wholesaler, Advisor Solutions Group - Chicago
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
INVESTMENT MANAGEMENTWe're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Are you a dynamic, quick-thinking self-starter with a real passion for the financial markets, exceptional interpersonal skills and interest in a career in sales? We are looking for a professional with strong communication skills who has the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and successfully increase the sale of GSAM products by connecting with Financial Advisors. The Regional Consultant (internal wholesaler) position is a fast paced, challenging sales role for self-motivated and driven sales professionals.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) is one of the world's leading investment managers. GSAM provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Regional Consultants sit within our Advisor Solutions Group, which is part of GSAM Third Party Distribution (TPD) Sales Channel. TPD is responsible for serving clients and driving sales via financial intermediaries, including banks, broker/dealers, independent financial advisors, RIAs, retirement platforms, insurance companies and asset managers. Within TPD, the Advisor Solutions Group's goal is to be a top provider of wealth management portfolio solutions to our clients. We achieve this through offering world class portfolio management, superior value-added and thought leadership tools, and pre-eminent client service for our advisors and investors.
As part of the Advisor Solutions Group team, Regional Consultants are dedicated to increasing the sale and awareness of GSAM products through telephone presentations, calling on Financial Advisors and selling mutual funds, separately managed accounts and retirement products.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Conduct proactive telephone sales presentations to top tier clients and prospects, highlighting the GSAM products and value proposition
- Partner with Regional Directors (external wholesalers) to manage an assigned territory within the U.S., driving sales and assets through execution of a defined territory plan and sales process
- Build strong relationships with advisors through telephone interaction (limited travel to client sites)
- Effectively profile advisors to understand their practice, clients and investment process so that we can better identify and meet their needs, as well as position Goldman Sachs products / services
- Provide portfolio construction and practice management support to Financial Advisors, helping them strengthen their client relationships and grow their business
- Execute consistent follow up with advisors to advance the sales process and deepen advisor relationships
- Demonstrate organized, efficient and effective territory management and phone skills on a consistent basis
- Apply detailed-oriented follow-through in all tasks, displaying ability to prioritize and multi-task
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree and strong academic background required
- Minimum of two years' work experience
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Passion for sales and the financial markets
- Strong understanding of sales process
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to leverage technology and apply to commercial environment
- Series 7 and 63 licensed or obtained within 3 months of joining
- Financial services industry and sales experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reservedGoldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top