Internal Audit, Transaction Banking, Associate - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
Goldman Sach's Internal Audit function is the firm's last line of defense, ensuring effective controls are in place over the operations of the company, assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our team members get to work on key company initiatives, products and services, and are rewarded with extensive opportunities for development and growth. With a department of over 600 professionals, we employ industry leading audit practices including Agile Audit, Continuous Monitoring, and Data Analytics which is supported by access to extensive training resources and leading technological solutions. The work is dynamic, fast-paced and continuously evolving through identification and sharing of best-practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Successful candidates for this role are self-motivated, innovative, detail-oriented team players who have an interest in the banking industry and are excited for new challenges and learning opportunities. The ideal candidate will have prior experience conducting internal audit activities preferably auditing operational areas of a banking or financial institution.
- Performance of planning and scoping activities including walk through of processes with stakeholders and working as a team to identify key risks and controls to be assessed
- Assessment of the adequacy of the design and testing of the operational effectiveness of the controls to mitigate the key risks identified
- Collaborate with team members in an Agile team setting to execute audit projects and other team deliverables in line with department quality standards
- Assessment of the risk, impact and proposed remediation of identified audit issues and assisting with the preparation of the audit report
- Maintain stakeholder relationships for areas of coverage within the team including follow up on remediation actions for audit issues identified
- Participate in risk assessment and continuous monitoring processes, including regular communication with stakeholders to assess changes in the control environment, impact of incidents and other matters that may impact coverage scope areas and the audit plan; assist in developing executive summaries for presentation to senior audit management
- Work closely with global team members on team and department-wide strategic initiatives, including continued buildout of data analytics capabilities and other projects focused on improving processes and increasing team efficiency
General Skills & Experience:
- Team oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to network effectively
- Candidates with the following experience are a plus:
- Internal audit or public accounting role (3+ years)
- Relevant certification (e.g., CIA, CPA, CFE) and/or industry accreditation (e.g., CFA, CAMS, FRM)
- Subject matter expertise in Transaction Banking business as well as sound knowledge of front to back processes and risks in functions supporting Transaction Banking activities including client onboarding, account services, payments, fraud risk controls, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions, and Regulatory Compliance
- Agile audit, data analytics and continuous monitoring techniques
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a finance, accounting, or quantitative discipline; graduate degree in relevant disciplines a plus
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills with the ability to learn both firm and industry standards
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top