Internal Audit, Technology Data Analytics, New York, Analyst
Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm’s internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures.
IA is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Securities, Investment Management, Corporate, GS Bank USA, and Technology.
The data analytics team intends to provide analytics strategy and support for audit teams (Securities-IBD, Investment Management, Corporate (Finance, Risk, Services), and Technology teams with the objective of optimizing the audit approach and testing to focus on the areas or risks that need the most attention.
You will be expected to:
- Develop applications and back-end processes supporting the data architecture and data modeling strategy for the DA team. Applications will be developed in Java, Slang, and other strategic programming languages and APIs used by the firm. Similarly, knowledge of Perl
- Extract data from data stores, profile data and decipher the data quality. it is important to ensure that the quality of data being used for various analytical efforts is very high.
- Build and manage metadata (data dictionary) for a wider audience. This would assist non-technical auditors to understand the data analytics artifacts.
- Build visualization analytics to present scenarios from the data; paint the big picture for management reporting on potential risks and incorporate the ability to drill down to the lowest level while doing root cause analyses
Basic Qualifications- Degree in Computer Science
- Demonstrated development expertise, ideally in an OO language (e.g. Java, C++)
- Development experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl
- Experience with SQL programming , preferably in Sybase and MS SQL
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Ability to communicate what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner
- Drive and Motivation. Ability to handle multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance
Preferred Qualifications- Knowledge of basic statistics (Time Series Analysis, Correlation, Regression) and it’s application to data
- Experience with any visualization tool (Spotfire, Qlikview or Tableau) will be an added advantage
- LINUX/UNIX System Administration
- Creativity/Innovation. Ability to create new ways to improve current processes and develop solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Private Wealth Advisor
Sabrina is an entrepreneur within Goldman Sachs’ team-driven culture—mobilizing an elite team of wealth management professionals that help high net-worth individuals identify investment solutions including trusts, endowments, and real estate.
Back to top