Internal Audit - Securities Tech - Associate- Bengaluru
WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Participation in planning and scoping reviews, meeting with key people within the area being reviewed to understand the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls and their impact on the business and identify the key risks and controls to be assessed.
- Preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified, which may require data analysis, code inspection/review and re-performance of system processes.
- Assessment of the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and production of the report to management.
- Follow up with stakeholders on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits.
- Ad hoc work on Firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
- Ongoing liaison with colleagues globally and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and external auditors.
- Maintenance of internal stakeholder relationships and regular interaction with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business.
- BE/B Tech/MCA/MBA in Systems/MSc or equivalent University degrees in technology.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in application technology audit, application development, SQA, information security, technology consulting or other relevant industry experience.
- Technology audit skills including an understanding of:
- System Development / Programming Languages
- System Architecture (Distributed/Messaging)
- Operating Systems
- Data analysis skills (SQL, ACL, or similar tools)
- Ability to review / develop code (OO languages like Java, C#, C++).
- Ability to work effectively across a large audit team, understanding the team's role in the overall strategy of the firm.
- Written and verbal communication skills a must; strong interpersonal skills essential. Job requires frequent interaction with technology management.
- Must be able to multitask while managing both time and work load.
- Must be highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly.
- Relevant Certification or industry accreditation (CISA, CISSP, etc) useful but not required.
- Financial Services knowledge and financial product knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in managing audit engagements or technology projects.
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Meet Some of Goldman Sachs's Employees
Kelsey L.Software Engineer, Equities
Using a variety of languages, like Java and Python, Kelsey designs and builds integrated software applications used in Goldman Sachs’ equities business.
Back to top