Internal Audit- Securities- Senior Analyst- Bengaluru
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Bangalore, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Internal Audit independently assesses the firm's internal control structure. We provide assurance that financial reporting is reliable, that there is compliance with applicable laws and regulations and that the firm's operations are effectively controlled. We assist management in commercially managing risk by providing advice in developing control solutions and monitoring the implementation of management's control measures. IA assists the firm's Board of Directors' Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors.
Internal Audit is organized into global teams of business and technology auditors:
• Capital Markets - covers the firm's Securities, Investment Banking and Global Investment Research businesses; and related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Compliance.
• Investment Management - covers the firm's Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
• Corporate - covers the firm's Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas.
• Enterprise - covers Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
Participation in planning and scoping reviews, meeting with key people within the area being reviewed to understand and walk through the business and technology processes and identifying the key risks and controls to be assessed.
• Preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified.
• Assessment of the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and production of the report to management.
• Follow up with clients on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits.
• Ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
• Ongoing liaison with colleagues globally and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and external audit.
• Maintenance of internal client relationships and regular interaction with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business.
• Qualified accountants or other relevant background.
• Knowledge of the industry and products preferred.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
See Inside the Office of Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Back to top