Internal Audit, Securities Division Audit, New York, Associate
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm’s internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures.
IA is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Capital Markets, Investment Management, Corporate, Enterprise, GS Bank USA, and Technology.
Securities Audit Associate General Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Execute audit testing and supervise junior team members to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business clients
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Participate in department-wide initiatives aimed at continually improving IA’s processes and supporting infrastructure
Basic QualificationsGeneral Skills and Experience:
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical skills
- In-depth technical knowledge of relevant product areas
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- 4-8 years of experience in a public accounting or internal audit role within the financial services industry or a related control function
- 4-year degree in a finance, accounting, or quantitative discipline, and ideally a graduate degree in a related subject
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CPA, CFA, CIA, NASD Series) is a plus
Preferred QualificationsCapital Markets Team Specific Skills and Experience:
- Solid knowledge of Securities, Investment Banking, and related business support functions, including:
o Sales and trading of cash, derivative and structured products across FICC (Interest rate products, credit products, Mortgages, Currencies and Commodities) and Equities (listed and OTC trading – shares, options, and futures),
o Prime brokerage, securities lending, and execution services
o Principal investments
o Trading risk management, modeling, P/L reporting, and valuation of financial products,
o Trade processing, clearing and settlement.
o Compliance with trading rules and regulations
o Equity and debt underwriting, financing, and investment banking advisory activities.
o Investment research
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top