Internal Audit, Securities, Associate, London
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
• Securities - covers the firm's Sales and Trading and businesses across Equities and FICC; and related supporting control functions such as Operations, Technology, Product Control and Compliance
• Investment Banking - covers the firm's banking activities and Global Investment Research operations
• Investment Management - covers the firm's Private Wealth Management, Asset Management and Merchant Banking businesses.
• Corporate - covers the firm's Risk Management, Corporate Governance, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Regulatory Reporting areas as well as Human Capital Management, Services and the Executive Office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Participation in planning and scoping reviews, meeting with key people within the business being reviewed to walk through the business and technology processes and identify the key risks and controls to be assessed.
• Preparation of the audit testing program and assessment of the adequacy of the design and operation of the controls associated with the key risks identified.
• Assessment of the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and reporting to management.
• Follow up with stakeholders on remediation of issues identified during audits.
• Ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
• Ongoing liaison with colleagues globally and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and external audit.
• Maintenance of internal client relationships and regular interaction with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the business.
• Bachelor's degree with minimum 3 years of experience
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
• Comfortable managing multiple stakeholders, driving consensus and influencing outcomes
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) or other relevant certification
• Business knowledge, particularly related Internal Audit experience in the Securities industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Back to top