Internal Audit, Model Risk, Associate/VP
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world
Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm’s internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures.
IA is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Capital Markets, Investment Management, Corporate, Enterprise, GS Bank USA, and Technology.
Basic Qualifications•Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid quantitative skills, e.g. probability theory, functional analysis, partial differential equations
- Control mind set
- Highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- 1-5 years of experience within the financial services industry or a related control function (6-12 years for a VP position)
- Advanced Degree (preferably Ph.D) in a quantitative discipline, such as financial engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics, economics
Preferred QualificationsProduct Specific Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of financial modeling concepts, including (any combination):
- Options pricing, credit default, structured products, econometrics, stress scenario creation
- Any combination of risk management disciplines: credit risk, market risk, operational risk, funding / liquidity risk
Knowledge in any of the following areas is preferred:
- Risk measurement theory (e.g., Value-at-Risk (VaR), stress testing)
- Basel Capital Accord regulatory requirements (advanced model-based frameworks)
- Controls surrounding model risk governance, model development, implementation and change management, model validation (Regulatory Guidance SR 11-7)
- Strong presentation skills using PowerPoint and Visio
- Programming experience in quantitative and object oriented programming environments, e.g. Matlab, C++, Fortran, or SAS
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top