Internal Audit, Merchant Banking, Associate - Dallas
- Dallas, TX
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Assist with audit project execution related to the Merchant Banking Division.
- Assist with planning and scoping processes and discussions, including meeting with stakeholders to understand key business processes and identify key risks and controls for assessment
- Analyze and document assessments related to the adequacy of design and operating effectiveness of controls to mitigate the key risk identified
- Assessment of the risk, impact and proposed remediation of issues identified on reviews; assist with preparation of audit report
- Perform follow up and assess stakeholder remediation of action plans based on findings identified within audits
- Participate in continuous monitoring processes, including regular meetings with stakeholders to assess changes in the control environment, impact of incidents and other matters that may impact coverage scope areas and the audit plan; assist in developing executive summaries for discussion and presentation to senior audit management
- Participate in risk assessment processes and evaluations; work closely with global team members on other strategic initiatives, including continued buildout of data analytics capabilities
- 3-5 years of experience in internal audit experience
- 4-year degree in a finance, accounting, or quantitative discipline; graduate degree in relevant disciplines a plus
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CPA, CFA, CIA) is a plus
- Technical knowledge and experience auditing equity/debt/real estate investing activities
- Experience in audit execution and testing, including performing walkthroughs with stakeholders and presenting results of work performed to management
- Experience with data analytics and agile audit is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top