Internal Audit, GS Bank Technology Audit, New York, Associate/Vice President
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
Internal Audit (IA) supports the Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and senior firm leadership in fulfilling their oversight roles by independently assessing the firm’s internal control structure, raising awareness of control risk, providing advice to management in developing control solutions, and monitoring the implementation of management’s control measures.
IA is comprised of the following global functional audit teams covering the various business areas of the firm: Securities, Investment Management, Corporate, GS Bank USA, and Technology.
For each assigned review you will report to an experienced project manager and be expected to perform responsibilities such as:
- Leading the risk assessment, scoping and planning of technology audits.
- Leading the execution of global audits. Specifically focusing on the following:
- Analyzing the design of controls around the underlying system architecture in the context of information technology controls such as security, availability and performance and their impact on the business.
- Analyzing the business and technology processes to evaluate the effectiveness of the relevant technology controls.
- Designing and executing tests to validate identified system control features, which may require data analysis, code inspection and re-performance of system processes.
- Validating that system features meet business, technology and regulatory requirements.
- Documenting the results of the test steps executed and reviewing the work of other auditors to ensure it meets IA standards.
- Coordinating with coworkers who may be based in New York, London, or Bengaluru.
- Leading final audit report preparation and presenting results to senior internal audit and technology stakeholders.
- Liaising with firm’s external auditors and regulators.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with technology stakeholders including follow up on remediation of issues identified during audits.
Basic Qualifications- 6+ years of relevant experience in application technology audit, application development, quality assurance, information security, technology consulting or other relevant industry experience.
- Experience in online retail deposits or lending business preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical skills with a thoughtful and open-minded approach to problem solving
- Experience of using, auditing or having understanding of a combination of the following:
- Programming languages like C, C++, C#, Java, Perl etc
- Databases (Sybase, Oracle etc)
- System Architecture (Distributed/Messaging/Mainframe)
- Operating Systems (Linux etc)
- Infrastructure Controls(Networks, Voice, Backups, Storage, data centres etc )
- Experience in data analysis using SQL, ACL, or similar tools.
- Relevant Certifications or industry accreditations (CISA, CISSP, CISM etc.)
- BE/B Tech/MCA/MBA in Systems/MSc or equivalent University degrees in technology
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. © The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.
Back to top