Internal Audit - Global Markets Division Auditor - Analyst - Hong Kong
Are you interested in being part of a team that provides independent and objective assurance to the firm on the effectiveness of the firm's internal control structure? Internal Audit has holistic and unique insights on the firm's functions and activities as well as the financial industry, its products and operations. We're looking for detail-oriented team players who have an interest in financial markets and want to gain insight into the firm's operations and control processes.
In Internal Audit, we ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, independently assessing internal control structures, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, raising awareness of control risks, and advising management on developing and implementing smart control solutions.
Internal Audit has presence in multiple locations and is organized into global functional teams comprising Securities, Investment Management, Corporate, GS Bank and Technology, to cover the business areas within the firm.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Participation in planning and scoping reviews, meeting with the stakeholders within the area being reviewed to understand and walk through the business and technology processes and identifying the key risks and controls to be assessed.
- Assessment of the adequacy of the design and operating effectiveness of the controls to mitigate the key risks identified.
- Assessment of the risk and impact of the issues identified on reviews and production of the report to management.
- Follow up with stakeholders on remediation of actions coming out of issues identified during audits.
- Ad hoc work on firmwide projects around new processes or activities and investigation of incidents.
- Ongoing liaison with colleagues globally and internal and external stakeholders including regulators and external audit.
- Maintenance of internal stakeholder relationships and regular interaction with the business during the year to assess changes in the control environment and other matters arising in the businesses which may influence the coverage scope and audit plan.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor degree holder with at least 3 years of experience in either audit related and/or business support activities, and strong control mindset
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal) a must
- Strong project and time management skills
- Good communicator who can manage multiple stakeholders, keen to drive consensus and influence the outcomes
- Excellent team player who is enthusiastic, motivated to learn and detailed oriented
- Certified Internal Auditor, Qualified Accountant or other relevant certification
- Mandarin will be an asset
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Back to top